Jack In and Enjoy: What a winter ...

Monday, July 12, 2004

What a winter ...

This evening I watched the news, they said this morning we had a very cold morning. Coldest since winter 1998. It was recorded to be 0.6 degree Celcius. OMG! No wonder I turned on the heater to the fullest but still feeling cold.

Recently I have a big urge to put some songs from Billie Holiday. She was a famous singer in the 1930's era. I love her, she can give the pure singing without many mixing up by computers, if you know what I mean. So many times we find that the simplest thing can fill us to the fullest. It's my own quote. Yay!

Anyway, I spent the weekend decorating cleaning the apartment, cooking (yes I can cook too!), and do some little shopping. I played all songs by Billie Holiday but sometimes I feel so old LOL. I also tuned on some Elvis' songs, it's good to hear them in an afternoon hehehe.. (aren't I such a mellow person?)

Oh, I have this 'incident' last night. Ultima Online has about 21 shards (servers) around the world, so you can play in the shard that geograpically closer to you to reduce lag and high ping. Then I wanted to buy an item in one of the USA shard, and because I didn't have enough gold, I contacted one of UO brokers out there. They can transfer gold cross-shard, you give them gold in your home shard and they will give you the gold in the destination shard with 15% fee applied from the total amount.

So I told this broker that I wanted to transfer 7.5 million from my home shard to other shard, because of the 15% fee, I have to pay him 8.65 million right? (I hope I'm doing the right thing). BUT... somehow... he told me that I had to pay him 8.825 million. I was like "WTF??!" hehehe...

Then I argued with him (no offensive or swearing words were used btw) :P that it should be 8.65 million all come together. But he kept insisting me that was not the proper calculation. Feeling tired and confused, I told couple of my friends about this, and all were agreed that the amount I should pay was 8.625 million instead of 8.825 million. Even I asked my friends if my calculation was wrong (I used to be an eternal enemy of math at school), but I knew it was a simple calculation. 15% from 7.5 million is 1,125,000 (please someone correct me if I'm wrong). Anywayyyyy, one of my friend hooked my with another hooker broker from other company (yes they have a real and serious company dealing with these stuffs in Ultima Online). And the new broker agreed that it should be 8.625 million (thanks God!). I know 200k UO gold might sounds nothing for you, but if you ever try to play it, sometimes you need to work your ass off (no no no, not in the street, in the game! LOL) to earn some couple dimes here LOL

It's too quiet here, tonight. I miss my girl *sobs* She's 4,000 km away from me ffs! It's weird you know when you are apart from someone who always really close to you. Even you know they're doing ok in there but still it's pretty hard to fight the feelings. *sighs* Maybe I should stop listening to Elvis and Jim Reeves hehehehe...

Oh, if you want to try listening to Billie Holiday, find this one: "Crazy They Call Me", if you like oldies song (especially jazz), I'm sure you'll like it. Okay, I think I gotta hit the hay!

"Sometimes it's worse to win a fight than to lose."
Billie Holiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home