Jack In and Enjoy: There is a hero inside all of us ...

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

There is a hero inside all of us ...

That's the quote from Spiderman 2, I watched it this afternoon after having dinner at Jaws Sushi Bar in downtown. Spiderman 2, just like what I expected, was a good movie, with brilliant twists and better storyline, including the visual effects. I don't want to put any spoiler about it here so I'll just recommend this movie to watch at weekend with your partner or friends or family or whatever. Two thumbs up for Spiderman 2, I think I will buy the DVD when they release it later on.

Oh, I was thinking about this joke when I went home from the cinema. As most of you might knew it already, that Jakarta (Indonesia's capital city) is a big metropolitan area with high level of water, air and noise pollution, it's in the top 10 list for being most populated city in the world. My joke is: Jakarta is so polluted, so even if Spiderman is swinging around the downtown, he'll die because of the pollution and hazard gas in the air". (Sorry? It's not funny? Oh screw you, at least I can make up one joke by myself) :P

But it is true! People always said that you can get killed by any possibilities in New York City because the crime rate. In Jakarta, the chance is as much as double, because not only a high crime rate, but we also have one of the poorest medical service, slow and low security service for any lawful forces all over the country (unless you're paying in US dollars lol) and we have one of the highest pollution rate in the world. So somebody could get killed by hazard smoke and gas just as much as they would get killed by gangsters, or mobs, or mugged by a sob jerk with a rusty kitchen knife.

Today I had my first sushi roll for the last one year I guess. Usually, everytime I go to a sushi bar I always order myself a set menu or just take any sushi from the convenyer belt. Mostly I would pick nigiri sushi and ghunkan sushi, but today I picked one of the sushi roll. It was good indeed. My fave? For Japanese cuisine, my fave goes to Unagi Nigiri or Unadon (if you order it as set menu). Hmm? It's a grilled eel on rice hehehe.. Yes, because I come from Asia I sometimes eat 'weird' stuff. But no, I don't eat monkey's brains or goat's penis LOL.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Arthur William Russell, (1872-1970)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home