Jack In and Enjoy: UO memorabilia

Monday, December 06, 2004

UO memorabilia

As you all know, I'm addicted to an online game called Ultima Online. The game itself has reached its seventh years of running. We've got so many expansions, seven of them so far that enhanced the game content. Back to the first year of UO, any player who bought the CD would get a map. Map of the entire land, that is called Britain Britannia. It was made from cloth. I only started to play UO since two years ago and of course the cloth map is not produced anymore, but I wanted it. So I was hunting for it on the net, trying to find someone who wants to sell their map. It was hard as in seven years people might loose it, even some still have it but they keep it as collection.

It is a momentum for computer online game that makes UO still has many players, and more people try to collect anything that relates to UO. But I was lucky to find the map for sale in eBay. There were two sellers actually, I bid the first seller but the auction was getting higher price because other people bid it. Then I found the second one who sell the same item PLUS UO pin. Whoa it's even better. So I let my first bid to be outbid by the others. Anyway, I won the auction, paid the transaction with shipment fee.

I got it last week and now I wear the pin when I'm going out in a nice outfit (no, I don't wear any mage robe or knight plate armors hehehe) I got a chance to make snapshot of them:


(Click to enlarge the picture)



(Click to enlarge the picture)

I'm happy coz some of my friends were looking for the map too. Indeed it is a rare item. Even some old software of UO were priced about $99, people want it to be a collectible so no wonder if one day you might find an old CD in a high price.

Breaking news: my girl is having holiday back to our home country, so here I am, alone and lonely again hehehe... She'll go to Beijing, China to visit her young sister who is studying there. My girl will spend about two weeks and celebrating New Year's Eve in Beijing. I heard that it is snowy and chill up there. Well, lucky them, in here the weather is getting warmer. No White Christmas in here :P

Before she left, she tried to leave some cooking recipes. So she explained some in under three minutes time, from soup to rendang hahaha.. just hope I won't do some mix-up recipes hehehehe..

Happy holiday everyone, enjoy before it's over..

"We do not remember days, we remember moments."
Cesare Pavese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home