Jack In and Enjoy: Another Day In Another New Year

Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Day In Another New Year

It's been exactly one month since my last posting *sighs*. What can I say? I've been too lazy and busy lately with all the errands. So, now I will try to sum up what have happened in my merry life for the last couple of weeks.

I or we to be precise, have moved into our new house (yay). As some of you already know, moving houses just sounds like an easy stuff to do during holiday. Things that most of us might think, "Oh, hell, what's so hard moving things from old place into a new one?". Well, it is actually more than that. The more time I, again, we, spend in the our new house, the more things are needed to be fixed. Ceilings, bathtub, lights, door handles, and the list goes on.

Another thing is, I already have enough routines everyday. Teaching in the morning, another teaching outside the school time in the afternoon, going home, watering the plants, spend time with wife and daughter, dinner, then movies or computer games, perhaps one or two cans of beer. Repeat that for 5 times a week, and weekends is unpredictable. We could have a relax weekend, or just truly tiring hehehe..

Like now, it's already 1 a.m. but yet I'm still awake writing this entry. Well, the only good thing this would bring is that some dudes are lucky enough for not have to play against me in the Battlefield 2 servers lol! I still enjoy the game until now. Maybe because it's more complex than DoD: Source and of course much more complex than the infamous CounterStrike. To be honest, I miss playing DoD: Source and CounterStrike: Source for some reasons. Not the repetition gameplay, but in CS:S and DoD:S, I've met players that are not only enjoyable to play with but also to have a chat. More of them are already aware the needs of teamwork and positive communication.

Heck, even I've played with a housewife who enjoys spending the Friday night havoc playing DoD:S as a machine gunner. That was when I'm in Australia tho. As the community in here, people are tend to spend time on trash-talking or insulting others hehehe.. not a pretty thing to have during weekends, but what can you do?

Back to the moving house topic, moving into a new settlement also needs extra time and money. After almost a month, now we are agree that we need some more items for the house. First, we need a portable air-conditioning device. The thing that blows air (cool air, that is) and can be moved around the room. I don't care about any brand because of the tight budget.

Second thing is we need another extension of our desk in the study room. A bigger space is needed to put all the peripherals of our desktop computer PLUS a laptop. Now it's just too small for anything that an computer screen and printer.

Third thing that is also importantly needed is an office chair, the one with comfy arm rest and good for the backside hehehe.. if we're going to spend much time on the Internet or computer, than this is a strike one item that would make things a bit easier.

Our fourth items needed is a mail box. The real mail box, the one that you can put outside your front door. Because this is a housing complex, all houses don't have fence. So, anything that the postman put in our front yard or terrace would also easily been accessed by anyone. Not good when you're having or expecting important postage.

The last but not least is a microwave. The-God-blessing-invention is very helpful for reheat the food or defrost meat. Of course we can always go natural like letting the damn meat sitting for hours just to sweat hehehe..

But I can't deny that moving into our own place is one of the greatest thing you could get. I mean, you arrange what you want to eat, what you like to watch, which channel you want to tune-in, etc, etc. Anyway, don't forget that "with great powers come great responsibilities". Meaning that if something is needed to be fixed then I have to drag my sorry @ss to fix it first hehehe.. also checking that windows and doors are locked before I hit the hay.

As for weather update, it becomes cloudy here. The rainy season might hit our place faster than they are expected. Example for today, it's been raining all day long since brunch time. It is a good thing, because the air is so much cooler and easy to enjoy. It's just the flooding thing that makes me worried. Two years ago Jakarta was forced into a complete stop as 85% of our region was flooded. By "flood" we don't mean a water as high as your leg. Our definition flood could go up to 7 m in some places and on average it's about 60 cm deep. The scene is also so surreal. Our flooded capital will make swamp looked like a heavenly paradise.

Oh well, that's everything I can think of now. After this, I might hit some rounds of games in Facebook or trying harrassing my friends mwahahaahha.. cya when I cya (WTF??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home