Jack In and Enjoy: Bigbadaboom!

Monday, January 24, 2005

Bigbadaboom!

Nothing much happening for the last two or three weeks. Only some couples little incidents like: I blew up the good ol 512Mb RAM last Friday. I didn't know what happened to the computer as I restarted it, just three long beeps. So I called two of my computer experts. Both had the some conclusions, something is broken or perhaps just detached. Trying to open the CPU tower, I just realized how tight the screws and what I got only some stupid spectacles screwdrivers. I can't even stab a mouse with it hehehe...

Anyway, Mr. Z paid me a visit, we checked it and it was confirmed the RAM was gone :( not the motherboard as I suspected before. After a quick search thru the net, we went to downtown where I bought 2 512Mb DDR PC3200 400Hz, cost me almost $300 *double frowns* Shortly after that, we put everything back to the tower and head down to our fave Chinese restaurant at Northbridge. Yummy yummy..

Now it runs good except I'm feeling tempted to upgrade the processor and motherboard :P I might buy the parts as I'm going to Indo this Feb. For sure I need a bigger HD, this one is starting to scream when I install things.

Oh, btw, what is your fave web browser? I still use IE coz some plugins and website only like Microsoft products :( But beside that, I use Mozilla Firefox regularly. It's cool, lighter than IE. When browsing some websites, you can have only one window in your bar instead heaps of them. And the plugins plus the theme skins are kick ass. And last year I read that Mozilla is considered safer than IE. Anyway, Mozilla just released their newest version, Firefox 1.0. Try it, I'm sure most of you will love it.

Ok, gotta go in a jiffy, dinner time! Oh, I wish everyone has a very fresh start this year. Excluding the hangovers hehehe..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home