Jack In and Enjoy: Ronin

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Ronin

Yesterday, after finish from university, we went to downtown. Having lunch in Jaws, the best sushi & tempura restaurant in town. We were about to watch Troy. In some websites you can even download some of the pictures, posters, and trailers.

So last night we went to Za's house. Had some Noodle Box and watching his lovely Foxtel, after that we spent the rest of the night playing Monopoly. I won it yay!

Oh, I bought Schindler's List, a story about a man name Oskar Schindler who saved around 1,100 Jews from the wraith of Nazi. I saw the other TV Series DVD in the shop yesterday. It is 24, I think I might buy em.

Ronin? Oh yea, Ronin actually a Japanese word. It means "masterless samurai." A ronin was a feudal era samurai who was not employed by a damiyo (feudal lord), as was the common practice of the time. In contemporary times, the term "ronin" evolved to refer to Japanese students who, like wandering samurai who did not belong to any organized group, had failed their first college entrance exam and were left unemployed and not attending school. I got the definition from AnimeNation, it's very good website including forum, links, contests. Highly recommended if you are an anime fan.

Ronin itself a story about 5 men from Cold War. These guys are mercenaries who will work for the highest bidder. The movie is very good I think. It has Robert De Niro and Jean Reno in it. The good thing about this movie is that it makes us keep guessing who the bad guy was, what they'll gonna do next, how they gonna finish the task. And it has one of the amazing cars chasing I ever seen! What I mean, it looks so real and so damn good. Watch it if you have any chance.

Oh well, I gotta wash the dish then watch the DVD.

Sam: I never walk into a place I don't know how to walk out of.
Sam (Robert De Niro), Ronin (1998)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home