Jack In and Enjoy: I'm on Diet

Thursday, September 22, 2005

I'm on Diet

Yes, that's right. Me. Je. Mim. I'm on diet. Diet. A word that I never expected to do in my entire life. As when I was in my early teen age, I was skinny. Even after finished my high school, I only weighed about 53 kg (including wallets, clothes, jeans and cell phone). So all my life, I never expected or even thought about diet, how to do it, and above all, why I would do such a strict lifestyle.

I grew up in a society where diet was a symbol of struggle to achieve beauty and curves. Especially during my last years as senior high school student. Many of my female friends idolized and practiced diet. Some were very strict, some were just being on and off. Surely, because we were such young souls, it was not a surprise if most of us practiced diet on such wrong manner. I started to realize how young people understood died wrongfully when I heard my ex-girlfriend refused to have dinner for some days during a week.

Most of the girls, and I'm sure even until now, still believe that having zero dinner for some days would give them a good and positive result. I just couldn't believe it when I got some confirmations from some of her friends. That they all agreed no dinner = diet to reduce one's weight. Even I was never been in any diet program at that time, I was aware that such belief was wrong. It was a fault image and understanding of diet. Of course, I never told them that what they were doing was wrong. High school girls were able to create such mob and havoc, you know. For me, diet is not limiting your frequency of meals, nor eliminating daily meals such as dinner. Diet is limiting the portion for each meal. Starts from choosing carefully your dietary consumption. Get more fruits and vegetables instead of oily or fatty meat. Consume a moderate snacks in between meals, etc.

Anyway, the reason why I start to do my diet is not because I feel too chubby. I just try to reduce the wealth on my face. As I'm happy with my weight, I realized that when I'm over 66 kg, my face starts to look like Fat Albert. But of course, I'm a bit different as I have lighter skin color hehehe.. So since yesterday, I try to consume more fruits and vegetables, I reduce my meals portions. Be it lunch or dinner. For dinner, if I get my dinner after 8 p.m. then it means I could only eat salad with fruits as desserts. And dinner before 8 p.m. would be regulard dinner, only in smaller portions.

For snacks, my only options are fruits such as apples, rock melon, pears or watermelon; and fresh salad. So, salad and fruits will be my very best friends for the next couple weeks. I hope this will work just fine. I have to restrain myself not to have garlic bread for my midnite snacks or cornflakes (yes I love to eat cornflakes for my midnite snacks).

I do some little exercise just to burn up some fat especially around my belly. Of course some little indulgencements are acceptable for sometimes. However, I have to limit them into a moderate portion. So wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger M I J U N G said...

diet? really?

so no more billy lee's, no more jaws, no more apple struddles, no more hogs breath, no more dimsums?

blargh, thats practically everything, innit?

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home